All my projects seem to be draaaaaaaaaaaaaaging on . . . First world problems, I know, but (whiny voice) I just want something to be done already!
This led me to a *shocking* realization. If I want something to be done already, I better damn well do it! With this revelation ringing in my ears, I focused my new-found determination on our half-destroyed, no-mirror bathroom.
Bathroom. (Phase One) Will. Be. Done. By. September. 1st.
I summoned the husband to a meeting of the minds and we looked at my (lack of) progress so far and brainstormed for the future. I had left the walls half smeared with blue and froze when the patches were not blending away. After a little internet research, we decided on trying to add a (subtle) wall texture. Then I hit it, list style (perhaps we should call it a “Ta Da” list rather than a “To Do” list . . . )
Phase One “Walls” Work to be Done:
1. Apply textured wall finish as primer coat to walls and ceiling.
2. Paint walls and ceiling Sherwin Williams Rainy Day.
3. Demo out clunky wood shelf.
4. Demo nasty disintegrating caulk around sink.
5. Caulk/seal any areas that need it.
6. Sand and clean all paneling.
7. Install new chunkier chair rail.
8. Paint all paneling and trim.
9. Demo nasty light fixture.
10. Order and have custom mirror installed – this will be too large for JT and I to attempt ourselves. I would rather have someone with big mirror suction cups hoist this into place then face dropping and shattering a mirror and the ensuing bad luck . . .
11. Install new light fixture.
12. Install shelf/cabinet/TBD storage above toilet.
13. Install hand towel ring
This is the work/hard/boring stuff. Now for the fun stuff — shopping! Here’s my list:
1. 4 Turkish/Peshtamel towels. Like this (via The Anatolian on etsy).
2. Knobs/hooks to hang the above turkish towels on that will be installed on our soon-to-be chunkier chair rail. Maybe like this (via Anthropologie)
Or this? (via Hobby Lobby. So it’s a Hobby Lobby Knobby. Yikes)
And a bath mat — a fun woven one via Bed Bath and Beyond . . .
So what do you think? Does anyone want to jump off the one-month-one-project challenge cliff with me? I’ll hold your hand and scream with you on the way down. Should I post up some in-progress stuff or just save it all for an extra big “Ta Da” on September 1st?
All right, it’s off to the races, folks . . . or in my case Home Depot!