The couch left us on Saturday, on to a new life in the “mixing lounge”.
We had this big leather baby for at least seven years — right when we bought the house, we quickly realized the sectional sofa we had in our apartment wasn’t going to fit (the chaise sat on the wrong side and couldn’t be reconfigured). So we marched on out to Value Village Furniture on Chippewa and found this thing for only $700. It was fate — that was just the amount we had squeezed out of the sectional during a Craigslist sale and we were b.r.o.k.e. having just bought our first home.
We did a lot of living on that sofa and I was a little sad to see it go even though I have a new one (sort of) waiting in the wings. It was time though. The monkeys (and JT and I) had worn the seats down a little (it was probably bonded leather) and there is a ring on one of the arms from a too hot coffee mug.
Up next is the Danish Daybeds but . . . I still don’t have the upholstery fabric picked out! Trouble.
Once the sofa left, the room was looking a little bare and the floors were looking really dirty. I threw all the small items in the kitchen and herded the dogs into the hallway and decided to try out the Bona floorcare system from Home Depot. (Cameron is hiding in the bedroom because he isn’t as accustomed to large furniture rearranging as Sophie and Shenanigan).
I had another wood floor cleaner I was using but the floor never really looked shiny clean. It turns out what I was probably missing was some wax or polish.
Here’s another view of the living room/dining room while it was emptied out. The Bona system worked well but I think I almost need to do a few more coats of the polish to build up and fill in more of the cracks and crevasses in the floor.
I looked through the post I did back in December of 2011 when we got the Danish Daybeds and here was the floor plan I had posted:
Everything has changed! Back to the drawing board!!